- A word in earnest is as good as a speech .
- I do not banter you, i am in earnest .
- He looked very earnest and strenuous .
- The words were earnest but they fell on deaf ears .
- Perhaps neither party was in earnest .
- He wore such an earnest face .
- Charley looked grave and earnest .
- Earnest was legally unnecessary .
- Ham was quite as earnest as he .
- They were speaking in low but earnest tones .
- He is deaf to your earnest advice .
- Are you in earnest in what you say ?
- He is an earnest christian .
- The boat had "smelt" the bar in good earnest .
- It began raining in earnest .
- I am in deadly earnest .
- He sat by the corpse all night, weeping in bitter earnest .
- You cannot be always sure whether he is in jest or earnest .
- So earnest an effort was well deserving of a better reward .
- Why, sir, i don't think he can be in earnest when he says that .